GnRH for use in reproductive programs in cows
Cystorelin® is indicated for the treatment of ovarian follicular cysts in dairy cattle. Ovarian cysts are non-ovulated follicles with incomplete luteinization, which result in nymphomania or irregular estrus.
CYSTORELIN initiates release of endogenous LH to cause ovulation and luteinization.
CYSTORELIN was the first gonadotrophin-releasing hormone (GnRH) product approved by the FDA for treatment of cystic ovaries in cattle. CYSTORELIN is labeled for use in combination with cloprostenol sodium to synchronize estrous cycles to allow for fixed-time artificial insemination (FTAI) in lactating dairy cows and beef cows.
- CYSTORELIN is available in 10-mL, 30-mL, 50-mL and 100-mL bottles. That gives you more doses in one bottle than any other GnRH.
- In a study,1 CYSTORELIN tended to have a greater ovulatory response than Factrel® (gonadorelin hydrochloride) and significantly differed in pregnancies/AI at 60 days (p=0.02).
Easy to use
- CYSTORELIN has no milk withholding and no meat withdrawal.
- Once opened, CYSTORELIN has a six-month shelf life, and is stored at or below 77°F.
- 100 mcg (2 mL) per cow via intravenous or intramuscular injection.
- Store at or below 77°F (25°C). Brief excursions to 86°F (30°C) are permitted.
Product Inserts & Labels
CYSTORELIN IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION: DO NOT USE IN HUMANS. KEEP THIS AND ALL DRUGS OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN.
CAUTION: Federal (U.S.A.) law restricts this drug to use by or on the order of a licensed veterinarian.
1. Luchterhand M, Gamarra CA, Gennari RS, et al. Ovulation and fertility response to commercially available GnRH products in lactating cows synchronized with the Double-Ovsynch protocol. Anim Repro Sci (in press) 2019;1–7.
CYSTORELIN® is a registered trademark of Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health USA Inc. All other trademarks are property of their respective owner. ©2022 Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health USA Inc., Duluth, GA. All Rights Reserved. US-BOV-0403-2021-V2
CYSTORELIN IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
DO NOT USE IN HUMANS. KEEP THIS AND ALL DRUGS OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN.