- To provide a venue for Boehringer Ingelheim to sponsor equine disease research for the benefit of the equine industry
- To encourage interaction among equine researchers and practitioners
- To enhance knowledge and communication of new information to the industry
- To reward research excellence
The 2023 research topic Equine Respiratory Disease with suggested areas of research focused on:
- Equine Infectious Disease
- Equine Asthma Syndrome
- Veterinary residents and DVM/VMD graduate students
- Animal Scientists
Eligibility for participation to include anyone in United States, Canada and Mexico.
- Research must have the potential to generate new information that has clear relevance to the designated research topic
- The proposal must have a timeline including start date and completion date (maximum 12 months following initial funding)
- The proposal should target an oral presentation at AAEP, ACVIM or other professional venue(s)
- Application must comply with the format provided by the Advancement in Equine Research Review Board
The Advancement in Equine Research Review Board acting on its own, without influence from the sponsoring company, will peer review and select proposals based on the following criteria:
- Probability of successfully completing the project
- Potential for impact to the equine industry
- Scientific quality
The Advancement in Equine Research Review Board Members
The independent Review Board has revolving seats to ensure the Board remains impartial and infused with new ideas. The renowned members consist of equine industry professionals including practicing veterinarians and researchers.
- Tom Divers, DVM, DACVIM, DACVECC
- Rob Franklin, DVM, DACVIM
- Heather Knych, DVM, PhD, DACVCP
- Nathan Slovis, DVM, DACVIM, CHT
- Julie Wilson, DVM, DACVIM
Confidentiality of Proposals
- The Board agrees not to discuss proposals outside the venue
- The Board members have signed a confidentiality agreement regarding information disclosure, which will be provided upon request
- Boehringer Ingelheim personnel, who will manage the practical collection of proposals, will comply with the same level of confidentiality as the Board members
Board Member Conflict of Interest
The Board members will not participate in the review and evaluation of any proposals or subsequent manuscripts for which they are investigators or authors, respectively.
Please visit the full proposal instructions page for more details, and to download application forms. All proposals must comply with application instructions and be submitted via e-mail to email@example.com.
©2023 Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health USA Inc., Duluth, GA. All Rights Reserved. US-EQU-0135-2021-A-V3