- Ergonomically designed oral pipette for comfortable administration.
- Prefilled pipette with diluent for easy reconstitution.
- Vaccination stimulates protective levels of IgA and IgG after a single dose, eliminating the need for a booster dose.
- Convenient, needle-free oral delivery.
- Reduces potential risk of injury to staff.
- Low-stress oral administration.
- No unpleasant sneezing or wrestling with patients as with intranasal delivery.
RECOMBITEK® Oral Bordetella
RECOMBITEK® Oral Bordetella contains a lyophilized live avirulent culture of Bordetella bronchiseptica and a sterile diluent.
This product has been shown to be effective for the vaccination of healthy dogs 8 weeks of age or older against canine infectious tracheobronchitis (kennel cough) due to Bordetella bronchiseptica. The duration of immunity is at least 13 months.1
- Open the vial by pushing the plastic cap up and over until the aluminum begins to break, then twist off the aluminum seal in the direction of the arrow and remove the stopper.
- Twist open diluent-filled pipette tip.
- Expel the contents of the pipette into the vaccine vial. Draw rehydrated vaccine back into the pipette.
- Administer in the patient’s buccal cavity.
Precautions: This product is designed for oral use only. Do not vaccinate dogs parenterally.
Store out of direct sunlight at 35-46°F (2-8°C). Avoid freezing. Use immediately after reconstitution.
Do not mix with other biological products, except as specified on this label. This product has not been tested in pregnant animals. In case of anaphylactoid reaction, administer epinephrine. In case of human exposure, contact a physician. Inactivate unused contents before disposal.
For use in animals only. Sold to veterinarians only.
Advantages of RECOMBITEK® Oral Bordetella
Long-Term Protection With 13-Month Duration of Immunity1
In the first published study on the duration of immunity of an oral canine B. bronchiseptica vaccine, a single dose of RECOMBITEK Oral Bordetella was effective in significantly lowering the prevalence of disease* with 100% preventable fraction following a challenge with virulent B. bronchiseptica 13 months after vaccination.
*Active disease was defined as spontaneous coughing on 2 or more consecutive days.
Not Just “Kennel Cough,”
At-Risk Dogs Include:
Dogs that live in densely populated areas, interact with neighborhood dogs, visit dog parks, or see a groomer.
Dogs that are boarded or attend competitive events such as dog shows or agility shows with their owners.
Dogs that travel with their owners to hotels or restaurants.
Log in to BI-CONNECT™ to place an order for RECOMBITEK Oral Bordetella.
RECOMBITEK® Canine Vaccines
RECOMBITEK® vaccines are highly purified, making them a safe and effective option to help protect your canine patients from dangerous diseases.
IMRAB® Rabies Vaccines
Veterinarians worldwide trust US market-leading IMRAB® vaccines for proven multi-species rabies protection.2
PUREVAX® Feline Vaccines
Adjuvants can present potential risks to feline patients.3,4,5 PUREVAX® feline vaccines have been designed to elicit a protective immune response without the addition of adjuvants.
- Scott-Garrard MM, Wang X, Chiang Y, David F. Thirteen-month duration of immunity of an oral canine vaccine against challenge with Bordetella bronchiseptica. Vet Rec Open. 2020;7(1):e000423.
- Data on file at Boehringer Ingelheim.
- Greene CE, Schultz RD. Immunoprophylaxis. In: Greene CE, ed. Infectious Diseases of the Dog and Cat. 4th ed. St Louis, MO: Elsevier Saunders; 2012:1166-1169.
- McNeil MM, DeStefano F. Vaccine-associated hypersensitivity. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2018;141(2):463-472.
- Day MJ, Schoon H-A, Magnol J-P, et al. A kinetic study of histopathological changes in the subcutis of cats injected with non-adjuvanted and adjuvanted multi-component vaccines. Vaccine. 2007; 25:4073-4084.
RECOMBITEK® and IMRAB® are registered trademarks and BI-CONNECT™ is a trademark of Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health USA Inc. PUREVAX® is a registered trademark of Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health France, used under license. ©2023 Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health USA Inc., Duluth, GA. All rights reserved.