Only PUREVAX® vaccines offer a complete line of nonadjuvanted feline vaccines. PUREVAX vaccines help protect both cats and kittens from dangerous and deadly diseases, and give veterinarians and cat owners the peace of mind of knowing their cats are receiving highly purified protection.
Protection Years in the Making
Veterinarians have been using vaccines for many years to help protect their patients, but Boehringer Ingelheim was the first to use recombinant technology to create pure, nonadjuvanted vaccines for felines. This is because several studies have shown that adjuvants in vaccines can lead to injection site reactions, injection site granulomas, and chronic inflammation in cats.1,2,3
Today, the PUREVAX line of vaccines is the only complete line of nonadjuvanted vaccines for cats and have been used to help protect millions of feline patients.4 In addition, PUREVAX feline vaccines uses innovative recombinant technology in some of the vaccines to delivered purified, targeted protection.
Safety. Purity. Proven Protection.
PUREVAX vaccines help protect cats from some of the most important infectious feline diseases. The versatile line allows for flexibility by using the core components alone or in combination with other antigens, depending on the individual need of each feline.
PUREVAX® Feline Rabies (rRabies)
Recombinant Rabies Virus vaccine available
in 1-year and 3-year duration of immunity
PUREVAX® Recombinant FeLV (rFeLV)
Recombinant Feline Leukemia Virus
PUREVAX® Feline 3 (RCP)
PUREVAX® Feline 4 (RCCP)
PUREVAX® Feline 3/Rabies (RCP + rRabies-1YR)
PUREVAX® Feline 4/Rabies (RCCP + rRabies-1YR)
Why Choose Nonadjuvanted Vaccines?
- Stimulate robust humoral and cell mediated immunity 1,5
- Use only a portion of the pathogenic organism, so there is no potential for reversion to virulence
- Recommended by the World Small Animal Veterinary Association (WSAVA) for administration to cats whenever possible3
Killed Adjuvanted Vaccines
- Often contain a complete pathogenic organism
- Adjuvants can present potential risks to feline patients such as injection site reactions, injection site granulomas, and chronic inflammation1,2,6
Advancements in the fields of immunology and biotechnology led to the development of recombinant vaccines such as PUREVAX® Feline Rabies and PUREVAX® Feline Leukemia (FeLV).
The use of recombinant proteins allows for the targeting of immune responses focused against a few protective antigens.6 This allows our vaccines to be developed with only the necessary immunogenic protein(s) rather than the entire virus or bacteria, which means the vaccines can successfully generate a strong immune response without risk of reversion to virulence and without the addition of adjuvants.
RECOMBITEK® Canine Vaccines
RECOMBITEK® vaccines are highly purified, making them a safe and effective option to help protect your canine patients from dangerous diseases.
IMRAB® Rabies Vaccines
Veterinarians worldwide trust US market-leading IMRAB® vaccines for proven multi-species rabies protection.6
PUREVAX® Feline Vaccines
Adjuvants can present potential risks to feline patients.1,2,3 PUREVAX® feline vaccines have been designed to elicit a protective immune response without the addition of adjuvants.
- Greene CE, Schultz RD. Immunoprophylaxis. In: Greene CE, ed. Infectious Diseases of the Dog and Cat. 4th ed. St Louis, MO: Elsevier Saunders; 2012:1166-1169.
- McNeil MM, DeStefano F. Vaccine associated hypersensitivity. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2018;141(2):463-472.
- Day MJ, Schoon H-A, Magnol J-P, et al. A kinetic study of histopathological changes in the subcutis of cats injected with non-adjuvanted and adjuvanted multi-component vaccines. Vaccine. 2007; 25:4073-4084.
- Data on file at Boehringer Ingelheim.
- Taylor J, Meignier B, Tartglia J, et al. Biological and immunogenic properties of canarypox-rabies recombinant. ALVAC-RG (vCP65) in non-avian species. Vaccine. 1995; 13;6;539-549.
- Data on file at Boehringer Ingelheim.
RECOMBITEK® and IMRAB® are registered trademarks and BI-CONNECT™ is a trademark of Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health USA Inc. PUREVAX® is a registered trademark of Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health France, used under license. ©2023 Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health USA Inc., Duluth, GA. All rights reserved.